Episode 161: What Do You Want and How Do You Get It?
Jan 12, 2022
On a piece of paper make three columns:
- What you Want
- What you Think
Write it out as it is right now.
Ex in the first column: I want to be a working actor
In the second column: What is the first thing you think?
- Be rigorously honest here
- Are you thinking I’m not good enough?
- Are you thinking I’m going to kill it?
- Use your mind to govern your brain
THIS IS JUST WHERE YOU ARE AT RIGHT NOW
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT WHERE YOU ARE DOES NOT MATTER, WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU ARE REALLY HONEST IN THIS STEP.
Now move to the third column
What you do:
- Do you only do actions for your acting career when you feel like it?
- Do you fantasize more than doing something about it?
- Do you stay or do you pivot when things aren’t working?
What you do to support it MATTERS. WE ARE JUST TAKING STOCK.
This is not a time to beat up on yourself.
Just taking note of the current situation.
Now we shift to where we want to be:
Talk about again what it is we want. Ask yourself:
- Why do I want it?
- What is at stake for me if I don’t get it?
- How would it feel if I got it?
- How would I reward myself if I got it?
- Get CRYSTAL CLEAR ABOUT WHAT WE WANT
Then we move to Thinking:
- What are the thoughts that I need to be thinking to create new synapses to create new stronger thoughts?
- Thoughts that work for my goals.
- Thoughts that work for my life.
- How do you get your thoughts working for you again?
- What are you doing?
- What are your actions?
- We need to be balanced in all Three Pillars
- Acting Training
- Your Business Tools
- Core Work
What you want must be supported by what you think and what you do.