Episode 107: Social Media for Actors - The 5 Things you Absolutely Need to Know with Heidi Dean
Dec 30, 2020
Heidi Dean is the industry’s top social media expert for actors. She’s a social media writer for Backstage Magazine and a frequent speaker at film festivals, conferences, SAG-AFTRA foundation panels, podcasts and the creator of Marketing4actors.com. Heidi was a proud member of SAG-AFTRA & AEA and a working professional actor for over 20 years. Now she combines her years of industry experience with cutting edge social media strategy to help actors and content creators open more doors for their careers. Her clients include Emmy Award-winners, Broadway stars, recording artists, directors, producers, and filmmakers. Heidi turns social media rookies into rockstars!
Social Media can be an AMAZING TOOL.
- Build Relationships
- A Virtual Stage for you to Perform
First thing actors need to know on social media?-- People are looking you up!
Social Media Profiles are a direct reflection of you and show you’re a team player.
5 Things You Absolutely Need to Know:
- People are looking you up and that first impression is everything
- It isn’t just a self-promotion tool- it’s a storytelling tool
You don’t have to be good with technology to rock your social media
Social Media is all about RELATIONSHIPS
- You are so much more than the projects you book
- Mix of storytelling posts, community posts, self-promotion posts
- Free video, youtube.com/heididean
Video is your Best Friend
- Who do you know in the business? Who do you want to know?
- Use social media to talk with people, rather than a megaphone to broadcast at them
Perfectionism leads to procrastination, leads to paralysis
Use social media as a business tool, create a strategy.
Check out Heidi at marketing4actors.com